Keyword

K2 item not displaying

• Daniel Barber
  • Daniel Barber's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #111293 by Daniel Barber
K2 item not displaying was created by Daniel Barber
Greetings. I'm having trouble getting a regular K2 item to appear in the regular content portion of a page. I've simplified and tested in this way...

a) create a new K2 category (testcat) w a few letters of sample text and no changes to the default settings
b) create a new k2 item (testitem) w a few letters of sample text and no changes to the defaults..
c) create a test menu item (testmenu) under the top level, connected to "testitem"
d) clear cache, refresh

None of the sample text appears, nor the item title, etc (which are set on in the settings)

e) change to the basic Joomla Beez3 template and refresh - still no display

f) set up a new module, connect the K2 item to it. - it DOES display there.

A workaround -could- be to just set this stuff up in a module, but I'd rather use the main content area for many of my pages, and it seems it should work.

I imagine this is simple, but after some hours over the past few days and a lot of searching through this forum, I'm feeling stumped. Thanks for any assistance on this!!

Best,

Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #111294 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 item not displaying
Hello Daniel,

Are your permissions set up correctly?
Make sure the category or the item itself is not for Resisted or Special users only.

Try also seeing it through the system template with adding /?template=system on the URL,
if that works the problem lies with your template.

Regards

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.