Keyword

K2 images not uploading

• Christos Kougkouleris
  • Christos Kougkouleris's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #111321 by Christos Kougkouleris
K2 images not uploading was created by Christos Kougkouleris
Hi all.... while I had no problems all of a sudden the images in the articles didn't want to be saved and be uploaded. I checked everything, checked the php errors... nothing. Everything seemed fine while the image of the k2 article just wouldn't be saved and wouldn't upload.
After lots of lots of thoughts on what went wrong I just though of moving - rather than deleting - some images from the media/k2/items/cache folder. And voila I was able to save the article with the image again... until some time. And then again the same... so now I have to move images now and then from the cache folder to another folder I created - just to have the images, since they cannot be somehow shown - until I find a solution.
Can someone please help me on my problem?

I need to write that I have plenty of articles so I have plenty of images... but is there a limitation in K2 and then u have to delete the images rom the old articles?

Please for your help...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #111322 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 images not uploading
Hello Chris,

This sounds to me like a server issue.
If you are using a shared hosting or a vm make sure you have enough free space available.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Christos Kougkouleris
  • Christos Kougkouleris's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #111323 by Christos Kougkouleris
Replied by Christos Kougkouleris on topic Re: K2 images not uploading
My friend, it is somehow a server issue meaning it is now limitation on disk space but limitation of the files that can be included in a folder, such as the cache one in media/k2/items...

That can be resolved by "telling" k2 to store images in separate folders for each size or in separate folders every month, eg 082013, 092013 and so on....

But I cannot find how to do it in the code... so I urge for the help of anyone that can assist me on that.