Keyword

New Item automatically inserts placeholder image

• Nacron
  • Nacron's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #111384 by Nacron
I installed K2 to a site that is using the JA Mixmaz template. Whenever I create a new item, a 650X300 placeholder image is automatically inserted above the item's text. I'm not sure if this is coming from the JA template or K2 itself. I attempted to disable the JA K2 override template by deleting that folder inside the template itself (in templates/ja_mixmaz/html/com_k2) but it seems that it still creates those images whenever I create a new item. Where is this code that is creating the placeholder image?

You can see the placeholder here: www.nacron.net/bill/blog

[edit]
I've set the "Item generic image width (in px). Used in user pages as well as tag, search & date listings." in settings to 0 and that seems to remove the image placeholder but if I change that image to something that I want, it doesn't show up and putting it back to 650 will stretch the image to 650.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #111385 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: New Item automatically inserts placeholder image
Hello Nacron,

This is an issue from your template, try deleting the placeholder image manually eg. search for an element called userItemImage in user.php and delete the placeholder from there.

Do not forget to also check the default component views as well apart from your template overrides.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Nacron
  • Nacron's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #111386 by Nacron
thanks, I'll try that. I've already deleted the entire template override folder, I thought the default component would be ok because the template didn't include k2, only the override template so I had to install that after. deleting the image won't do anything because a unique image is generated every post. I could manually delete the image after posting but the client will be doing the posting themselves