Keyword

Category introtext word limit being ignored

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #111694 by Jaron
I have a parent K2 Category that has an Introtext word limit set to 100 characters. I also have a number of subcategories that are set to inherit parameters from this parent category.

I then have a k2->categories menu that is the Homepage of my site. Under the 'Advanced Options' tab of this menu item when I set the 'Select categories' to be just the parent k2 category the 100 character introtext word limit works, however the K2 SEO does not, so I get urls such as www.mydomain.com/component/k2/my-item-name

If I change the 'Select categories' parameter for this menu item to be the parent k2 category as well as the subcategories that are inheriting the k2 parent category parameters the k2 seo begins to work in which I get urls like this www.mydomain.com/my-item-name but then the Introtext word limit fails.

How can I get the K2 seo to work while also preventing the introtext word limit from being ignored.

I tried removing all K2 subcategories from inheriting parameters from the parent category and setting them to all have a introtext word limit of 100 characters, but still this parameter is ignored when I add all the categories to the K2->categories menu item 'Select categories' parameter.

Is this possibly a bug? I'm using K2 version 2.6.6 and Joomla 3.0.3 Stable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.