Keyword

Images within items?

• Oliver Johnson
  • Oliver Johnson's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #111772 by Oliver Johnson
Images within items? was created by Oliver Johnson
I'm probably being thick here but....

If I add a single image to a item by using the Image Tab then that image appears centered at the top of that item. If however I don't add the image in that way and instead add it via my editor (JCE) I can then align it left and wrap text around it but when I do this the image is distorted (stretched and enlarged) when I'm viewing a category. It's fine when I then view the individual article but is completely wrong when in category view.

Why is that happening and how can I avoid it? Having an image centered on top of each item only works if that image is landscape orientation and large enough to span the width of the article. If it's portrait orientation or a smaller width it just looks messy but it seems as though I can't use a mixture of both within a category which is very restricting unless I've missed something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #111773 by Bam
Replied by Bam on topic Re: Images within items?
I understand your frustration. I've had the same issues. What I've been forced to do is not show both Item Image and image within item at the same time. Do you have a screen show of how yours coming out?

• Oliver Johnson
  • Oliver Johnson's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #111774 by Oliver Johnson
Replied by Oliver Johnson on topic Re: Images within items?

Bam wrote: I understand your frustration. I've had the same issues. What I've been forced to do is not show both Item Image and image within item at the same time. Do you have a screen show of how yours coming out?

Interesting. How do you not show both item image and images within the item at the same time? Is there a setting that does that or do you mean that you write your item using either/or but not both?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #111775 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Images within items?
Hello Oliver,

This is an issue from your template. You can either change the image size from the settings and add a float to wrap some text around it or code a bit.

If you have an understanding of code, you can set up an extrafield called something like landscape or portait picture and perform a check on item.php.

If that extrafield has a value you can output that image or in any other case have it roll back to the item image.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)