Keyword

You cannot access the private section of this site

• Dori Beeler
  • Dori Beeler's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #111878 by Dori Beeler
Hello,
I have installed K2 v2.6.6 on a Joomla site v2.5.9. I have all the articles, etc. listed under registered so that only users that have registered into the site can access this area of the site.

When testing the process, I went back as a new user with a newly activated user account to access the private area of the site and I get the following error message: "You cannot access the private section of this site"

I dont understand why this is the case, I have even upgraded the user status to Manager to see if that would change anything and it does not.

I really need some help with this as the site is live and being promoted... (without my consent).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #111879 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: You cannot access the private section of this site
test by going to k2 users, select the user in question and edit...
be sure he is in k2registared group, and save

• Dori Beeler
  • Dori Beeler's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #111880 by Dori Beeler
Thank you for the reply. I can confirm that the user is in the registered user status... and still no go... any other ideas?

And one other detail.. .there may be relevance here... when I select the user to edit, on the drop down for K2 User Group, there are no options, the drop down is empty... could that be a problem? See attachment for visual on this...

Attachment not found

Furthermore...
I checked the modules for K2 User and K2 User Group, there were disabled, I have now enabled them, the dropdown option for editing user now has Registered in the list, selected it, tested user again and still no go.
I also tested the user set to Administrator (through Joomla User Options) and it is still not allowing access. The only users allowed to access are the site admin set to Super User... and that user was imported through the K2 Import Joomla users button...
Attachments: