Keyword

Different Permissions by Category?

More
11 years 6 months ago #111887 by Noah
I've seen a few similar posts, but none have asked this exact question, so here it goes. My users create two kinds of content. First, there are personal profile pages. These pages belong to the individual users, and I want them to have complete control of their own pages. They should be able to edit and publish them whenever they want. Then there are blog posts. These are aggregated on the site's main blog page, and I need to have editorial review before these are published.

So, you see where this is going. I want to give my users one kind of access to the 'Profiles' category in K2, and a different kind of access to the 'Blog' category. I know I can't assign users to multiple groups in K2 (which seems ridiculous, btw) and I can't give one group different permissions for each category either (this also seems like a huge shortcoming). From everything I've read so far, this doesn't seem possible.

The main problem right now is that anytime a user edits an item in the 'Profile' category, it is unpublished and completely removed from the site until I login and re-publish it. I need the items in the blog category to work that way, but it causes a lot of frustration and tension with the profile pages. Can anyone offer a better solution?

Thanks for reading my question, and thanks for any help you can offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mohamed Abdelaziz
  • Platinum Member
  • Joomla Developer
More
11 years 6 months ago #111888 by Mohamed Abdelaziz
Replied by Mohamed Abdelaziz on topic Re: Different Permissions by Category?
This is serious problem.

I will study this case in details and will get back to you if I found any solution

Multiple Extra Fields Groups for K2
AutoMeta for K2
Chained Fields for K2
More K2 Extensions In My Extensions Store

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.