Keyword

Disable user pages being generated for new users!!

• Manuel Kuhs
  • Manuel Kuhs's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #112002 by Manuel Kuhs
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here because this just seems so wrong.

I've a Joomla site with K2 (a J! site without K2 is no good!!)

When people register on the site, K2 automatically generates a user page for them.

I have several K2 users that are authors - I want all their contact details etc to be publicly available.

However, I DO NOT want the contact details of "normal" users available!!!!

Surely there's a simple, obvious way to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #112003 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Disable user pages being generated for new users!!
Hello Manuel,

Currently there is only an on/off switch under the component's advanced parameters (Enable K2 User Profile).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 3 months ago #112004 by Matthew Cowan
Replied by Matthew Cowan on topic Re: Disable user pages being generated for new users!!
This is what I used to get around this. It's not a perfect solution - but I just redirect them to my home page. I had users registering with usernames like 'wedding-photos' etc. and posting spammy back-links in their profiles.

In the k2 default template - components/com_k2/templates/default/user.php - add this below the jexec or die:

[code]
header( 'Location: www.yourhomepage.com' ) ;
[code]

Then, you'll need a new k2 template folder - and in that folder's user.php file, you don't want to have the header change. For each author, you'll have to create a new menu item, and in the menu item parameters, assign the k2 template without the redirect at the top.

This will make the user pages for newly registered users inaccessible and allow you to control which ones can be accessed.

More
11 years 3 months ago #112005 by Matthew Cowan
Replied by Matthew Cowan on topic Re: Disable user pages being generated for new users!!
And actually a better solution would be to transfer them to a 404 page. I'm changing my own solution now.