Keyword

Item Attachments Size 128M limit?

• James
  • James's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #112221 by James
Item Attachments Size 128M limit? was created by James
Hey there,

Is there a simple way to make this limit higher?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #112222 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic Re: Item Attachments Size 128M limit?
You can directly increase the PHP Memory Limit if you’ve access to the PHP.ini file. Most small Shared hosting servers won’t give you access to the PHP.ini file. But some servers allow you to create a duplicate PHP.ini in your respective site Directories whose data/values will override the default PHP.ini values.

To do that you just need to create a file with the name ‘php.ini’ in the directory where your site is installed. In that just add the command memory_limit = 128M or whatever you want, in it to increase the Memory Limit to 128 MB or whatever you want.

I hope I was useful :P

edit: I was wrong, to increase the upload limit should be upload_max_filesize = 128M or whatever you want

• James
  • James's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #112223 by James
Replied by James on topic Re: Item Attachments Size 128M limit?
That's interesting. What I find peculiar is the fact I have many files over 128M on my site, I can create links to them on my webpages, I can share them in anyway.

So I don't understand why there's this assumption that my Server isn't letting me share beyond that specific number of 128M.

Of course, I don't understand it all very well. But it's just my limited understanding.

I could always resize some content too. But I think I'll try this out PHP file thing.

I'll give it a try as I type and see if it works.

Well..I made a file with notepad, inserted the recommended text. Changed into a PHP.ini file, uploaded to the directory, which is a subdomain by the way. It doesn't seem to work though. Item attachments still says 128M. If I do the PHP.ini thing correctly will that stated value change.

Maybe I'll try upload the file to the Main directory rather than the sub-directory. See if that works.

Well I've tried all I know and it doesn't appear to work. When trying to save attachments beyond 128, it still says:
Error

Local file doesn't exist.

However, the files do exist, it just won't let me save it there on the K2 Item attachment page.