Keyword

Directory Site Project - Mosets Tree vs K2

• Dave Crabill
  • Dave Crabill's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #112224 by Dave Crabill
Directory Site Project - Mosets Tree vs K2 was created by Dave Crabill
Hi,

I am about to begin a directory project that will feature 50 (to start) small business locations in 10 different cities around the world. I am planning on developing the site in Joomla 2.5. I am trying to decide whether to use Mosets Tree or a CCK like K2 for the project and am having trouble deciding. I would greatly appreciate any input that more experienced developers have with either or both of these approaches.

How do they compare in terms of ease of use?
Total Cost - How many K2 extensions will I need to get the job done?

Here are a few of my project requirements:
- Module on homepage with listing title, address and thumbnail image
- Larger image of location on listing page
- Display a map of location on listing page
- Allow users to post reviews of locations on the front end
- Allow location owners to edit listing
- SEO optimized URLs for listings
- Allow users to log in with Facebook, and share site activity

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #112225 by Agnes
Hello,

I am in similar situation and opted early last month for JBusiness Directory (www.cmsjunkie.com/joomla_business_directory) from cmsjunkie. It is a great plugin and
it also comes with lots of features including map localization, offers, ratings and reviews and lots more! However, I am about to give up because of K2 conflicts. CMSjunkie decided to refund me after their developer tried to troubleshoot the bugs for the last 3 weeks.
First of all the JBusiness Directory apparently works very well in a normal environment. Over 50 customers are already using it according to the cmsjunkie developer. However, it has major conflict with K2 system plugin. If we deactivate k2 system plugin, it works and the bugs that we had are not present any more. K2 changes the request from the component. Any suggestion on how to go about it?

Thanks,
Agnes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.