Keyword

Extend Menu Item Type K2 Categories

More
11 years 5 months ago #112278 by Chris
I'm looking for a way to add layout functionality to the K2 Categories menu item type. In my scenario, I am looking for behavior similar to the Latest items menu type.

I have 3 categories and I want to display 5 items from each category grouped by each category.

Latest items does this perfectly by allowing me to select the Maximum number of items per category and drag and drop the category order. However, I don't want the items displayed to be the most recent items, I want them to follow the sort order defined at the category level.

Any suggestions as how I could extend this functionality would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #112279 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Extend Menu Item Type K2 Categories
Hello Chris,

I think you achieve what you want by using the K2 Content module. It has all the options you need by.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #112280 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Extend Menu Item Type K2 Categories
Thanks Krikor. I get the same results when using the K2 Content module. Instead of group categories together, it spits it out in one list organized by the selected sort order. Am I missing something? Appreciate your help.

More
11 years 5 months ago #112281 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Extend Menu Item Type K2 Categories
Hey Krikor, Maybe I'm thinking about this too narrowly. Is your suggestions to create a K2 Content module for each of the categories I want to group and then load those modules together where I want them?