Keyword

Category options has no effect

• Suba
  • Suba's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago #112369 by Suba
Category options has no effect was created by Suba
Hello, I have a Categories menu item which is connected to a category. I am trying to make this menu item a plain text list of items sorted alphabetically. All options under "Layout options for multiple category selection" are read only. In the menu items selected category's option, I have set primary count=40, columns=1, image=no image, and 0 for all other counts. But when I go to that menu item, I see heading, introtext, extra fields, comment link and read more link, even though I have hidden all these in the category options.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Suba
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago #112370 by Suba
Replied by Suba on topic Re: Category options has no effect
The categories are:
- All reviews
-- Record reviews
-- Video reviews

Some items are in Record reviews, while others are in Video reviews. Menu item Record reviews which is connected to Record reviews category, should list items with image and introtext. Same goes for Video reviews. But the challenge I have is that I want All reviews to have a different listening. That should be all reviews from all sub categories, and listes as plain text list with no image or introtext. Is this not possible with K2? Now when I go to the menu item that is connected with category All reviews, then the items gets the view format from their category (record/video review).

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #112371 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Category options has no effect
Hello Dani,

Seems to me you haven't correctly set up your category settings and inheritance.
If you select a single K2 category for your menu item, your category settings will be inherited and not your menu settings.

If you want a different layout per subcategory for your category_item.php you need to edit your template overrides.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Suba
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago #112372 by Suba
Replied by Suba on topic Re: Category options has no effect
"All reviews" does not inherit parameters from any other categories, and no categories inherits parameters from this.
"Video reviews" inherits parameters from "Record reviews". They should have the same layout. It's just All reviews (parent category) that should have a different layout, and should include reviews from all sub categories.

Do I need to use template overriding and creating/editing template files for this case?