Keyword

How can I edit one item?

More
11 years 5 months ago #112591 by bobis
How can I edit one item? was created by bobis
Hello I have created one category with five items. I want to select from backend which item to edit. I don't want the user to "Edit own items" or "Edit any item" but only specific items. Can I do that in k2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #112592 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: How can I edit one item?
Hello bobis,

I dont't think this one is possible without an extension. You can choose to modify the Access level but this will affect the front end as well.

Another solution is to grant permission per category (not per item). This can easily done through the K2 Users/ K2 User Groups params. Please note that this is for front-end editing only.

In your position since you do not want to grant your users unlimited access I would go with the second solution. Have a subcategory for each item and assign permissions per user.

Hope that helps.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #112593 by bobis
Replied by bobis on topic Re: How can I edit one item?
I think I understood the second solution. I create 5 subcategories for 5 items. Then from each subcategory I choose the access level that I want to edit this item. Then from "Menu Items Type" of joomla I choose "Categories of K2" and the category that I want to see the user that I choose from access level. Is it the way that you say to me? If yes this does not do what I want exactly. What I want is the user can see all the subcategories from frontend and edit one of them not all the items.
Do you want to sent you the link of my website to see what I want to do?