Keyword

tags with apostrophe not working

• charoa
  • charoa's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #112594 by charoa
tags with apostrophe not working was created by charoa
i am getting errors/broken links on all tags with apostrophes and also getting errors when i try to search that tag i get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'Invalid URI detected.' in /home/directory/public_html/libraries/joomla/environment/uri.php:194 Stack trace: #0 /home/directory/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/application.php(248): JURI::getInstance() #1 /home/directory/public_html/includes/application.php(135): JApplication->route() #2 /home/directory/public_html/index.php(36): JSite->route() #3 {main} thrown in /home/directory/public_html/libraries/joomla/environment/uri.php on line 194

line 194 is about replacing the ' in titles
I know the advanced tag settings has Additional character replacements but i am not sure who to change one apostrophe for another that would be working. Can someone please advise? This is not an issue where i can just remove tags because the tag is in a name, such as O'Reilly

i am using the latest k2 (updated today) on J2.5.11
also i wanted to show you the url from when i attempt to search
adamonhockey.com/index.php/component/search/?searchword=o\'reilly&ordering=newest&searchphrase=all&limit=20

this seems to work in other sites using k2 though so not sure why it's generating an error on this site.

i am not sure if it's the type of ' that is causing the problem but i am not sure how to correct the issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #112595 by Chris Clay
Replied by Chris Clay on topic Re: tags with apostrophe not working
I ran into the same error message but on another component (Appointment Booking Pro). It's due to some change that was made to Joomla 2.5.10 or 2.5.11. The AB Pro developer is investigating, but here's what he told me:

I tested ABPro 2.0.4 under Joomla 2.5.11 and they have definitely broken something. They introduced some new check that is breaking lots of sites.

For my client's site, I reinstalled 2.5.9 by uploading the full 2.5.9 Joomla package using the extension manager. It's conventional but I was desperate, and as soon as I brought the site back to 2.5.9 the error disappeared.

Chris

Owner, Clay & Co.

More
11 years 5 months ago #112596 by Chris Clay
Replied by Chris Clay on topic Re: tags with apostrophe not working
It's definitely due to a change made with Joomla 2.5.10. See this forum post:

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=615&t=800933&hilit=Invalid+URI+detected

Some code was added to check URLs for quotes, and if they're found, that error message is displayed. There's a solution presented, though perhaps it would have to be implemented by the K2 developers:

" You can work around this error by changing your PHP code to use the rawurlencode() function instead of the urlencode() function."

Chris

Owner, Clay & Co.