Keyword

Item.php in subtemplate not working, but others do

• Alejandro Herrera Styles
  • Alejandro Herrera Styles's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #112745 by Alejandro Herrera Styles
Item.php in subtemplate not working, but others do was created by Alejandro Herrera Styles
Hi there:

I Really need this help!!

I have a Joomla 2.5.11 installation with K2 2.6.6 and a sub-template. I can edit the category_item file in the sub-template folder (mytemplate/html/cm_k2/mytemplate/), and everything works. you can see it here:

www.americaviva.cl/nuevo/index.php/america-esta-viva/grupos-culturales/item/7-garifunas

where i've put the author and the date together, that is not the default in k2 template

But when I try to edit the item.php file, nothing happens, nothing works.

I`ve doble checked that I`m working in the right folder. I've selected the subtemplate in the category. I can edit other files but item.php is getting me crazy!

Any help will be appreciated, but be sure that I've read every post here and in another forums, in english and in spanish.

THANKS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #112746 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Item.php in subtemplate not working, but others do
Hello Alejandro,

I have noticed you are using the Gantry framework for your template. Have you tried contacting them?
Also have you tried editing the default item.php?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Alejandro Herrera Styles
  • Alejandro Herrera Styles's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #112747 by Alejandro Herrera Styles
Replied by Alejandro Herrera Styles on topic Re: Item.php in subtemplate not working, but others do
Thanks Krikor!!

But it´s not gantry the problem. I even deleted the default item.php file and all the subtemplates I made. And the component was still working. Incredible, I thought.
But I finally solved the problem. The plugin K2 Multiimages (a very good one) was guilty. It makes a new item.php file in the plugin folder, and it replaced the original and all the subtemplates.
I`m working on it now

Thanks!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #112748 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Item.php in subtemplate not working, but others do
Alejandro thank you for reporting this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)