Keyword

Archive only displays within category

More
11 years 5 months ago #112960 by Ray
Hello,

I am using the K2 Tools archiving, I am archiving only one category "category1" when I show the archive module on the "category1" page all works fine. But when I display the module in another category "category2" and click on an archive month, the archive will display the correct articles but none of the other modules, menus, calendars, wills how in the left or right column.

Does the K2 archiving module only work correctly when displayed in it's own category?
I would like to be able to place it on other category pages.

I am using Joomla 2.5.11 with T3 framework and template

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #112961 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Archive only displays within category
Hello Ray,

This has nothing to do with the K2 Tools module. You have to map your content in menus if you want your modules to render where you want them.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 4 months ago #112962 by Ray
Hello Krikor,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean about menu mapping for a module. I have created a K2 tools module to display the archives of a single sub-category called "recent calls" under Home>Recent Calls. I can place that module within it's own category "recent calls" and the page displays the way it's supposed to.

I also placed the module in another sub-category Home>Events and it also worked fine

It seems when I place the same module in the root category "Home" it will not include any modules left or right but only the articles.

Is there a way for it to work in the root category "Home" without losing the other modules?

Thanks

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #112963 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Archive only displays within category
If you map your content correctly in menu items you have complete control over modules.
This means that you can have modules render where you want them.

If a module does not render where it should be in the homepage make sure that the template renders the entire module position. You need to check your index.php for this. Perhaps the template developer has provided some info on your template's modules positions.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 4 months ago #112964 by Ray
Thank you, I will look into it. :cheer: