Keyword

K2 Backend - Items & Categories Not Showing

• Tomy Francois
  • Tomy Francois's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #113030 by Tomy Francois
K2 Backend - Items & Categories Not Showing was created by Tomy Francois
Hi, we are not new to K2, it's sometimes that we are using K2 on some other websites, now, we are creating our own website using Joomla 3.0.4 and K2 2.6.6 (latest version).

Actually, we can create new items and categories and display them on the frontend, however, once created, such categories and items are not visible in backend.

Can someone please assist us to solve this issue? We tried to attach the backend and frontend screenshot to this topic but seems I am not allowed to attach file, we can provide the live link of our website and even provide access to admin area for a love overview of the issue.

Tomy François
Owner
Golfads.info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #113031 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 Backend - Items & Categories Not Showing
Hello Tomy,

This sound to me like a permissions issue. Did you alter the default Joomla! users permissions?
K2 has it own permissions in the component's parameterers.

Just to be sure thought you should check the error_log file to make sure you dont have a php error.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Tomy Francois
More
11 years 5 months ago #113032 by Tomy Francois
Replied by Tomy Francois on topic Re: K2 Backend - Items & Categories Not Showing
Hi Krikor,

To answer to the first question, no, we did not alter neither Joomla users permissions nor K2 permissions settings, actually, I just check it, for super admin, all permission is set to green, therefore allowed and nothing has been changed regarding this since we setup the default Joomla configuration.

Also, I just enabled the system error reporting to maximum and also set system debug to yes but no error exists regarding K2 both in administration and site error log file!

Actually, cannot find out where there is any error! When we installed K2, the installation went through smoothly without any error or warning and now we really need to find a solution for this as we need to create/edit many items prior to the official launching of our website that is scheduled for this coming Thursday. Please help us to find the right solution for this.

Tomy François
Owner
Golfads.info

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #113033 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 Backend - Items & Categories Not Showing
By not visible do you mean that the K2 interface loads up properly at the backend, the itemlist also loads but it's empty, or that you cannot see the component at all?

If the second scenario applies then you have a caching issue. Try clearing both Joomla!'s and your browser's cache.
Keep in mind that all the caching issues could indicate server related issues.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Tomy Francois
More
11 years 5 months ago #113034 by Tomy Francois
Replied by Tomy Francois on topic Re: K2 Backend - Items & Categories Not Showing

Krikor Boghossian wrote: the K2 interface loads up properly at the backend, the itemlist also loads but it's empty.

This is exactly what happens, now that I have cleared the cache (both Joomla cache & browser cache), I can see the category and items in backend :huh:

Is this a server error, should I do something or tell our hosting provider about it, is there anything that need to be change/updated in configs please?

Tomy François
Owner
Golfads.info

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #113035 by Krikor Boghossian
If your problems persist you should contact your hosting provider.
Try viewing your system information tab for any issues in your permissions or your configuration.php.

PS also check your Joomla! cache settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---