Keyword

Categories drop down and ACL

• EzequielC
  • EzequielC's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #113216 by EzequielC
Categories drop down and ACL was created by EzequielC
Hello!

I'm testing K2 to replace the Joomla content system. Evreything seems to work fine except for one thing. On the site i'm building, i'm using extensive granular detail of joomlas's ACL system because there are a lot of user groups and lots of different access levels. That means certain users (teachers) can only publish/edit articles in certain categories (classrooms they belong).

In joomla's article system, when creating an article and selecting a Category for that article, a teacher that belongs to 1st grade and Teachers group/ACL has the following options to choose:

Category:
--- 1A
- Teachers

...because she belongs to those groups and can only publish things to those groups.

Now in K2, when creating an Item, the Category options for that item has the following options:

Category:
-Blog
--Students
---Primary
----Morning Shift
Grade 1
1A
-Teachers

In this scenario, K2 shows the whole category tree for 1st grade! This could be a problem because teachers can unintentionally select the wrong category.

Is there a possibility to modify this? Instead of showing the whole category tree just show 1A, like in joomla??

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
E.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #113217 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Categories drop down and ACL
Hello Ezequiel,

I would suggest enabling front end editing for your user input.
There is a detailed tutorial in the documentation section.
Finally you have to use your K2 User Groups and assign permissions to specific categories accordingly.

Eg. Assign all the 1st grade teacher to the K2 User Group (not Joomla! user group) which has permissions to these specific categories.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• EzequielC
  • EzequielC's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #113218 by EzequielC
Replied by EzequielC on topic Re: Categories drop down and ACL
Hello Krikor,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I understand what you suggest. But there is a lot more handwork to do because I would have to create a group for each grade with its specific category and assign teachers to these groups. Maybe I have to rethink the whole categories/permissions scheme. I guess Joomla does this in a different way.

Thanks for your help!

E.