Keyword

[SOLVED] K2 problem with categories and sub-categories

• nutonas
  • nutonas's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #113526 by nutonas
Hi guys so i have probelm theres is example:

[url=Pneumatinės žarnelės Pneumatika]example[/url]

and i dont want to show after categories these article titles... i tried a lot of things like to remove some code lines, edit css and other stuff... bet when i edit in code its removes titles from categories and from sub-categories... so i want to remove article titles like "Pneumatinės žarnelės,
Pneumatika" so how to do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #113527 by Kelsey Brookes
Replied by Kelsey Brookes on topic Re: K2 problem with categories and sub-categories
The example link is broken, so I can't see exactly what you're trying to achieve.

If you're trying to develop a layout that shows a category with it's subcategories, but NOT show the article titles contained within the parent category then you have two potential ways of dealing with that:

1) Adjust the parameters for the category so that it doesn't show any of the articles contained in the category - just turn everything in 'Item view options in category listings' off.

2) Alternatively, you would need to create template overrides for both the parent category and child categories. Make those HTML changes you want made in the override, then apply them only to the categories you need those layouts for.

Here's a reference guide on template overrides in general. K2 works the same way:

www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/overrides/

• nutonas
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #113528 by nutonas
Ammm sorr for the link, there is:
example

Allright but im disabled all items... and on this link there shows article titles...

• nutonas
More
11 years 4 months ago #113529 by nutonas
bytheway i tried second solution, doesnt work :) when i modify category.php and removimg "itemListLeading" code, its removes in main category and inside where is subcategories...

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #113530 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: K2 problem with categories and sub-categories
Hi I am a bit confused "what dont you want displayed" this

Pneumatinės žarnelės
Pneumatika

Attachment not found

Attachments:

• nutonas
More
11 years 4 months ago #113531 by nutonas
yes i dont wanna show this titles, but these titles are form subcategories and when i remove from categories.php file some code lines to remove these titles disapiers from subcategories article titles...

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #113532 by Yiota
Try this approach instead.

On the parent category parameters choose only to show the categories and subcategories block and for the Leading, Primary, Secondary and List items choose zero or if you don't have any items published in this category try to enable the Catalog Mode option to Yes.

Then on the subcategories parameters, to the first one let's say and all others choose to inherit from this one, put the correct parameters for the items on Listings.

• nutonas
More
11 years 4 months ago #113533 by nutonas
Thanks guys for helping but i solved by my self my problem everything working fine now :)