Keyword

Tragic Problem with Tag urls

• sakellariou panagiotis
  • sakellariou panagiotis's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #113534 by sakellariou panagiotis
Tragic Problem with Tag urls was created by sakellariou panagiotis
I'm building a site on joomla 3.1.1 and k2 2.6.6 . I'm also using sh404 (latest version) and there is a huge problem with the tag urls.

ANY tags that are in Greek are assigned the url "domain/tag/" which ofcourse is wrong and as a problem is a total game-breaker.

I manage to make sh404 generate the correct urls (e.g. domain/tag/tag-name) by doing the following steps

1. clear joomla cache
2.purge all sh404 urls
3.open sh404 configuration and save configuration (no need to change anything)

the steps have to be in that exact order and as soon as I add a NEW tag it won't get the correct url but instead the "domain/tag/" one. Also the above steps work only every second time I do them, which means that in order to have a correct url for a new Greek tag I need to do these steps then visit a page where the tag appears (so that the wrong url is created), then do the steps again, and then the correct url is created after visiting the same page again.

Also I'm having some more problems with the tags, for instance if i try to create a joomla menu pointing to a k2 tag, it won't give me any options to choose a tag (even though there are many tags). I noticed another thread in here reporting the same and the answer was "use joomla 3.0.4" which is totally unacceptable as an answer. I've been building this site for 1 month now and only yesterday did I realize the tag problems, and suffice it to say that I don't have any backups with joomla 3.0.4 since the site is being built.

And yet another tag problem, the selection-based tagging is just one big bug, nothing works. if i want to add a tag, pressing the add to selection does not move the tag to the selected field, but if I save the item it is indeed added, however I can only add one tag, a second one will not be added. I can only add a tag - hope it's added, save item, than add another. Ofc, I'm using the free-tagging mode because of this, which is really unintuitive as I have thousands of tags and seeing what I have beforehand helps me remember what to add.

Anyway, try to ignore the last 2 problems, as the game-breaker bug is the one with the greek tag urls, without a fix to that I'm simply lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sakellariou panagiotis
  • sakellariou panagiotis's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #113535 by sakellariou panagiotis
Replied by sakellariou panagiotis on topic Re: Tragic Problem with Tag urls
I managed to pinpoint the problem of the wrong tag urls. It has to do with lowercase-uppercase letters.

If i add a k2 tag in Greek that contains even one uppercase letter then the url is wrong (domain/tag/ instead of domain/tag/tag-name) . If the tag is all lowercase letters then it's working fine.

I cannot function a site like that though, with the constant fear of adding an uppercase letter which will result in an invalid url (say... bye bye google), k2 and sh404 both have settings that are supposed to transform a url to all lowercase or uppercase, so I suppose that shouldn't be happening and it's a major bug.

Any ideas how to fix it?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #113536 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Tragic Problem with Tag urls
Yes since the aliases are generated through sh404 you should address your issue to the extension developers.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)