Keyword

front end editor shows access levels to restricted

• Elisabeth Bertrand
  • Elisabeth Bertrand's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #113578 by Elisabeth Bertrand
front end editor shows access levels to restricted was created by Elisabeth Bertrand
Hi,

I've set a user group to add articles but not to be able to change any else on the site. They do have edit their own article privileges and so on. However there are a few setting that I think shouldnt be visible for these types of users. Please see the attachment

for example: Level of access or Language choice ??

Any ideas how to disable these features so they are no longer shown to the wrong people.
Thanks,
Elisabeth
P.S. Trying to add picture but I don't think this is working

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #113579 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic Re: front end editor shows access levels to restricted
Hy Elisabeth,

sorry, i have no answer but your question is like i'm thinking: how can i hide e.g. the "Featured"-choice for the authors.

Greeting
Franz

More
11 years 4 months ago #113580 by Peter Grube
Hi Elisabeth, To add image I had to use IE.

• Elisabeth Bertrand
  • Elisabeth Bertrand's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #113581 by Elisabeth Bertrand
Replied by Elisabeth Bertrand on topic Re: front end editor shows access levels to restricted
Hi there,

Yes it's sort of like not showing the featured button but te fields I'd rather not show are those in the article parameters under 'Author publishing status'. I don't think front end users should really see these options in their editing form.

Thanks, Liz

P.S. Am I the only one who has noticed that the registration link on this website is dead if you arent signed in at : getk2.org/register-or-sign-in . Funny thing is I actually also have that problem when I'm in SEF mod! . Is there a thread on that somewhere too?