Keyword

Frontend editor and languages selection problem

More
11 years 4 months ago #113651 by david
Hello! i have two problems with the k2 frontend editor and the languages selection (Although it works well in the backend). I have the site configured in English and Spanish with Joomla 2.5.10, Joomfish 2.5.1 and K2 2.6.6

Problem 1: In the frontend editor, i can't change the language of a created item. If i change it from the sidebar (Languages Dropdown) it is not saved, and is changed to the current language. For example, if i have the item in English, i change Language to ALL, but when i save it, it changes again into English automatically.

Problem 2: I have an item in English and its translation in Spanish. If, for example, i edit the Spanish version of the item from the frontend, when i save it, it changes the original item to Spanish too. And it causes it to disappear from the English version of the site, showing it only in the Spanish version.

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #113652 by david
Replied by david on topic Re: Frontend editor BUG????
It seems to be a bug... does anybody know how to solve it?

More
11 years 4 months ago #113653 by Lefteris
Hi. I think that you are a little confused about how the multilingual system works under Joomla! 2.5. The language field of K2 is used to change the language field used by the native multilingual functionality of Joomla! and not JoomFish. To translate an item through JoomFish you need to use the JoomFish translation manager. I suggest that you take a read at the JoomFish documentation www.joomfish.net/en/documentation/general-docs/249-joomfish-25-installation. This also answers your second problem. Joomla! native multilingual works like that. It does not create "mirror" translated items. You have to create an item per language.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 4 months ago #113654 by david
ok Lafteris... perhaps this is the problem. I'll look for a solution, because editors could run into problems with it.
Thanks!

d.

• Rupert Griffiths
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #113655 by Rupert Griffiths
Replied by Rupert Griffiths on topic Re: Frontend editor and languages selection problem
Sorry to bring this one back to life, but there does seem to be a bug of sorts as I am having the same problem.

The language selector on frontend K2 editing does not seem to work - it forces the language to be the same as the menu item you are on.

For curious minds - the reason I need it is that its very useful to have a category set to ALL languages and then displayed in both languages I am using. That way if I select one of the languages for an item it will only show on the one language page, but if I select ALL it will appear on both saving duplication of some items.

I guess I can just do backend editing for these items....

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #113656 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Frontend editor and languages selection problem
Hello Rupert,

Yes you should use backend editing for these items. If you are using Joomfish backend editing is the best option.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)