Keyword

Cant see any categories or items in Admin

• John Griffiths
  • John Griffiths's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #113755 by John Griffiths
Cant see any categories or items in Admin was created by John Griffiths
Hello everybody,

I am a total noob, just installed a template today (Template monsters #42012 if anyone is interested) and it installed Joomla with K2 automatically. I'm starting to get my head around how to customise it, however, when I log into the Admin panel and look under the K2 Quick Icons section - Categories there is nothing there.

All the categories that came with the template plus some test ones I have made show up in the drop down menu, and a lot of the modules and menus respond to the new categories and items i make from scratch and then link to but I can't for the life of me work out how I get to see items and categories I have already made.

This is really grinding my gears as I have spent about 4 hours trying to figure it out. Can someone, anyone, tell me how I can see stuff that's already there to edit it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #113756 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Cant see any categories or items in Admin
Hello John,

I am TemplateMonster has provided documentation for that template.
They should have a how to install guide.

Also, which version of K2 are you using and are you getting any error messages?
Did you try deleting the cache?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• John Griffiths
More
11 years 4 months ago #113757 by John Griffiths
Replied by John Griffiths on topic Re: Cant see any categories or items in Admin
Hi Krikor,

thank you for your swift reply. The documentation template monster provided is purely around installing the template which I have done. It does say to install K2, click "import content from Joomla", Which I have done, and "set default criteria for all K2 content" which I think I have done.

Regards the version, im not sure this is what I could find in the Info tab of K2

Web Server Apache
PHP version 5.3.24
MySQL version 5.1.68-cll
GD image library bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

Joomla version is 2.5 though

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #113758 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Cant see any categories or items in Admin
Did you change all your menu items and modules to K2 as well?

Also can you send me a link please, it would be really helpfull.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• John Griffiths
More
11 years 4 months ago #113759 by John Griffiths
Replied by John Griffiths on topic Re: Cant see any categories or items in Admin
Hi Krikor,

I think I did change all menus and modules to K2 too but cant be sure - how do i check?

the website is www.traumaresus.com/index.php

as an example, can you see the blue "our services" banner on the front page?
and then the training, equipment and governance headings within that banner?
well the training, equipment and governance things are actually K2 "items" in a K2 "catagory" that the module picks out and displays there. my problem, is the "items" and "catagories" in K2 do not actually show up in the Admin panel. the admin panel says there are no items or catagories

however, i created a new catagory and filled it with the 3 items you see there and linked the extension to that new catagory and it works, but i cannot now access the catagory or items to change them further

More
11 years 4 months ago #113760 by Ipshwitz
Replied by Ipshwitz on topic Re: Cant see any categories or items in Admin
I know this is probably a redundant question - but do you have anything in the FILTER input or have the view set to TRASHED items instead of CURRENT items?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #113761 by Krikor Boghossian
John, I checked your site and I saw some issues you should attend to as well.

In the item page all the css and js files do not have the right path and fail to load.
Many of your URLS fail to load and produce a 404 error, plus the 404 link is wrong.

I think your problems lie in your initial setup. Download Admin Tools and check if your permissions are correct. Also make sure you have the correct path for your logs and tmp folders.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---