Keyword

Issue with how item images are displayed

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #113822 by Evan
Hi there,

I've been having a little trouble with how the images I upload for my items are displayed, not within the items themselves, but with how they are shown next to the item links elsewhere in the site.

If that didn't make any sense, here's the link to my site so I can be more specific. toike.skule.ca/

Basically, if the item image I upload is longer than it is wide, the bottom part of the image is just cut off by the square frame, which is fine. But if the item image is wider than it is long, the image is oriented such that the entire width of it is shown, leaving an awkward looking gap between the bottom of the image and the bottom of the square frame. (eg. the "Leafs Win Cup" article is a good example of what I'm trying to fix)

Does anyone know how to fix this? I just want wide images to fit similarly to the way long ones do.

I've inherited this site from its previous owners, so I'm still pretty new at all this. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #113823 by Yiota
It's all CSS related. There is a div with class "moduleimagewrapper". This one has a default image as a background and dimensions, both width and height.

For the box to follow the images size you need to remove height from the CSS. From 140px try the auto.

Doing that, you will notice that the background image you have set for this div will be lost.
You could make an if statement inside the k2 overrides of this module and check if the image exists. If it does then you should load the image in the moduleimagewrapper container, if not, you should load the default image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.