Keyword

[Bug?] - search results when searching for E-Mails

• Sebastian
  • Sebastian's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #113983 by Sebastian
Hello,

I am using K2 2.6.5 and Joomla 2.5.9.
For my site I am using the regular Joomla search engine (com_search) because its the only one i can use to both search K2 items and DOCman (Joomlatools) items.
When searching for E-Mail adresses in K2 articles, i get some very strange search results.
For example, im doing an "exact search" for "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it."
I get results for every K2 Container that contains "productname", "support", "companyname".
This is strange since I am already doing an "exact search" and put the search term in brackets. My site contains articles for technical support and the support staff is already complaining about the unreliable search results.

Another thing, the search engine does list results from link aliaes.
So, when searching for "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." i sometimes get articles in the result page that do not contain ANY of the parts of the search term. When looking at the source code of the article it becomes clear that the search engine found one or more of the search terms in a linked article within the link itself (like href=http:/sitename.com/htdocs/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=23:producname-new-release-of-software

I really do believe the K2 search plugin need some improvement.
1. It should not search links for search terms (or at least make it optional)
2. the exact search doesnt work at all when searching for emails

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sebastian
More
11 years 4 months ago #113984 by Sebastian
can at least anyone confirm this behaviour?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #113985 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: [Bug?] - search results when searching for E-Mails
We will have to look into the matter, Currently we do not know if the plugin or com_search is causing this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Sebastian
More
11 years 4 months ago #113986 by Sebastian
Thank you for your reply. :)

• Sebastian
More
11 years 3 months ago #113987 by Sebastian
any news on this? Its been almost 3 weeks. Can u replicate the issue?
The K2 search module is not an option for sites which use more than one custom core component and need a standardized search to find results from various components (like K2 and DOCman in my case).

• Sebastian
More
11 years 3 months ago #113988 by Sebastian
I actually found out that this also happens when using the K2 search tool.
If i search for E-Mail adresses in K2 articles with k2 search, i get a lot of bad results.
As I stated above, searching for terms like "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." I'll get results with every article that contains "product", "support", "company" ... as you can imagine this can be quite a lot of search results with a few hundreds/thousands articles.

• Sebastian
More
11 years 2 months ago #113989 by Sebastian
Because I still didn't hear anything from the support or the devs and com_search is still unuseable for K2, I've switched to com_finder lacking the ability to find my documents :( but am able to find the right articles.