Keyword

Variable that is true if you see an itemFullText?

More
11 years 4 months ago #114280 by Marco
I would like to introduce an "if" statement in the code that performs an action only if you are viewing the full article and not just the introduction to the article until "read more".

There is a variable that I can query?
How can I do?
Thank you very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #114281 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Variable that is true if you see an itemFullText?
Hello Marco,

If you are referring to the item.php and you want to check whether the user is viewing the article you can simply check how much the user has scrolled by using jQuery's offset() and scrollTo() functions.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 4 months ago #114282 by Marco
I have a plugin for K2 that is activated on all items.

I wish it was enabled only during the "display item" and not even during the "category view".
For this there is some variable that I can query to know if I am in "display item" or "category view"

Thank you very much.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #114283 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Variable that is true if you see an itemFullText?
Oh I see,

You only need it when you are viewing the actual item (item.php) and not item listings.
If your plugin does not have settings of its own you can use the category settings to choose not to enable plugins in itemlist views.

Please note that any change to this will affect all other K2 plugins like AllVideos

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #114284 by Marco
strange, does not work.

For now I have modified the code of the plugin, disabling the output of the plugin on the pages where there is the "category view":