Keyword

why k2 items can not be used as joomla articles?.

• radvla
  • radvla's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #114336 by radvla
I am working in one joomla template call halycon, that by default includes a article manager to create articles.

On this template I installed the component K2 to improove the wording of articles.

I need to definea new menu item, its type it is common article menu item.

When i have to select the article than will hang on it, i display the list of joomla articles available, and the list only include the articles created with the default article manager of the joomla template, but does not include those created with K2.

I attached image

[img size=112kb]wwww.lambertomanuel.com/trujillo-dakar.com/images/trying-select-article.jpg[/img]

So i can not hang k2 items from item menues, whe it is something a need.

How can i include the k2 item available in the list of jomla article available?

can anybody helps me.?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #114337 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: why k2 items can not be used as joomla articles?.
K2 was built as a complete replacement of the default article system in Joomla!.

This pretty much sums it up. It is intended to work as a replacement not as a patch.

I personally don't know any extension which mixes menu items for both articles and items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• radvla
More
11 years 4 months ago #114338 by radvla
now in the bakend i have one article manger for the default article creator and another item manager for the itme K2 creator. THis does not cuase any travel as long as when i have to hang articles from menu items, displaied in the top or main menu, I only can select the articles created with the default manager.

Is there anyway to export the k2 items to the article default manager?

Can you propse any other solution?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #114339 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: why k2 items can not be used as joomla articles?.
Exporting will only work once, it is like a mini migration.

It s a not a good practice to use these features often. In the long run (not too long) you will have to use only one content management tool.

For the time being K2 can import all of your com_content if you enable this option from the component's params. Be careful though because it will create duplicate posts if used more than once.

For the other way round I have not used a tool and I cannot personally recommend a tool or a service. There are several components or online services posted in this forum so I think you will find what you need.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• radvla
More
11 years 4 months ago #114340 by radvla
Sow how do i disable default article manager?

is this action reversible?

tanks

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #114341 by Krikor Boghossian
Hello Manuel,

Please don't double post. There is no need to disable the article manager.
You can simply stop using it, with no need to worry about performance. Removing core components can lead to unexpected behaviour.

Just delete all the articles change your menu items from com_content to K2 and that's all.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---