Keyword

Putting boxes beside K2 content

• Taylor Dim
  • Taylor Dim's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #114353 by Taylor Dim
Putting boxes beside K2 content was created by Taylor Dim
Essentially this is a question about the layout of K2 content. I want to have it so when I click on an article (or viewing categories) that it takes up about 2/3 of the page width and have something like "newest comments" on the right.

Much like how in the K2 demo demo.getk2.org/item there is the search bar and calendar to the right. I've been away from Joomla for a while so I don't remember a lot of these things. I know, basic functionality but it's slipping my mind. Just getting confused on where to look for the ability to do this.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #114354 by jean-philippe
Replied by jean-philippe on topic Re: Putting boxes beside K2 content
Hi Taylor,

it's not really a "K2 Content" layout...

It's just a custom template from Joomla.

in your case,

you need to create

position: top => menu etc...
component
position: right => your right side..
position: bottom => footer..

you can create any position that you need...
after that...
Just to place your template like you want with CSS...

Also, The "search bar" and "calandar" is a Module. So, you can put on any position.

you have a template tutorial here .

Best regards,
Emond, Jean-Philippe

Emond, Jean-Philippe

• Taylor Dim
  • Taylor Dim's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #114355 by Taylor Dim
Replied by Taylor Dim on topic Re: Putting boxes beside K2 content
I've already got the template for my site. What I'm trying to do is instead of having the K2 content (either categories page or article page) going the full width of the content section of my site (which K2 does by default), have some more boxes (ie. the calendar, search) on the right side of it. You can't tell me the only way to add modules to a specific page is create a new template that would be crazy!

The template is supposed to support K2 but only comes with a category_edit.php and item.php file for the K2 support.

Edit:
I guess I figured it out, my bad on that part...I didn't realize "menu assignment" meant that it would put it on specific pages. I thought it was going to plop it into the menu.