Keyword

[SOLVED] Enable adding K2 item via button in menu

• Steve Van den Bergh
  • Steve Van den Bergh's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #114384 by Steve Van den Bergh
[SOLVED] Enable adding K2 item via button in menu was created by Steve Van den Bergh
Hi there,

I'm very new to K2 and have a little experience with Joomla. So, I'm building a website about games, with news/reviews and stuff. Ofcourse, I want to use K2 for this.

Now, the problem. I have in my menu the buttons 'home', 'forum', 'news', etc. But I also have a button 'crew'. It's only vissible for crew members: admins and moderators. I want that button to do the next thing: if a mod or admin clicks on it, a new tab should open where they can write/add a new K2 item and put it in the right category.

In short: menu button, when clicked, new tab with 'add item'.

I know it must be simple, but either I'm stupid or I'm simply overlooking it :p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #114385 by Yiota
When you create the menu item Crew select the menu type to be K2 -> Item Edit Form. Then select for it to show only for the specific group and to open in a new window.

• Steve Van den Bergh
More
11 years 4 months ago #114386 by Steve Van den Bergh
Replied by Steve Van den Bergh on topic Re: Enable adding K2 item via button in menu
Wow thanx it works! You're the best ;)

I have one last question then, for now :P in the text editor you see things like 'bold', 'underlined', etc. Is it possible to get more things there, like 'toggle source code'?

And I want mods to be able to get their images on the server, I believe I do that with Image Manager? And if so, how do I enable that?

• Steve Van den Bergh
More
11 years 4 months ago #114387 by Steve Van den Bergh
Replied by Steve Van den Bergh on topic Re: Enable adding K2 item via button in menu
Ow wait, I just got that fixed with JCE Editor :p