Keyword

K2 user fields - how to edit or add own fields?

• arthur
  • arthur's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #114646 by arthur
Hi

I would like to modify the K2 user fields - for example remove the "gender - male / female" and add other ones instead. Is this possible, or is there a addon I need to install or buy to do this?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #114647 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 user fields - how to edit or add own fields?
Hello Arthur,

There is this extension: www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/free/user-extended-fields-for-k2 which adds more fields in your K2 user profiles.

As for modifying it I am afraid you might need to develop a plugin of your own or look at the JED or the extend K2 section of this site.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• arthur
  • arthur's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #114648 by arthur
Thanks - I guess I will have to ask someone to custom code that and pay them - I would hate to have to use something like Community Builder just for the profiles :oops:

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #114649 by weknowseo
There is an extension called "sourcerer" or something like that. It allows you to place custom code into your pages anywhere. I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do but it seems this may work for you since you can then just create your own form and stick it in anywhere you want.

I had the same problem with the K2 store... I was not able to place an input field for options on a shopping cart and had to end up using the "Customer Notes" at the end in the checkout area. There is a free plugin that allows you to put additional user fields to the joomla/k2 users area like age, hometown, etc... that is in the extended area of k2 I believe.

Hope any of this helps.

P.S. For your specific request, you need to look into the last extension or this link: y-designs.com/support/tutorials/editing-user-fields-in-joomla-k2.html#.UcP3l5x0bFk