Keyword

Into text doesn't display when main image is missi

• David Wickstead
  • David Wickstead's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #114695 by David Wickstead
I have created a K2 blog which appears to be working fine. But I have an issue with the latest article about the Southampton Boat Show. The logo I have is circular and is a png file. If I load this directly into the copy it looks great. But the item Main image creates a white box round the image. So I gues the best option would be not to use the main image. The only issue I have with that it when I removed the main image then the intro text also disappears and is only visible when you read more.
My articles are here www.5starmarine.co.uk/index.php?option=com_k2&view=latest&layout=latest&Itemid=238
At the moment I have left both the main image and image within the article showing and only managed to turn off the main image when you view the article.
What I would like it to just display the intro copy and any HTML elements in it

How can I do hat?

Wicko

Wicko Design - Web design and maintenance for Joomla and WordPress sites

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #114696 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Into text doesn't display when main image is missi
Hello David,

If you are using any introtext limits, then all of your HMTL tags will be stripped.
You can change this through your category settings. Also make sure you are not using any global rules (they are defined in K2's parameters).

To have complete control over your content you need to specify the introtext either by using your editor's read more button or using two seperate editors. One for intro and one for full text.

You enable this feature from K2's parameters (Use one editor window for introtext & fulltext - Advanced Tab)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• David Wickstead
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #114697 by David Wickstead
Replied by David Wickstead on topic Re: Into text doesn't display when main image is missi
Hi Krikor

Thank you for coming back to me. This is what I thought. But I have already removed any intro text limit and have both the category and default parameters showing intro text with no stripping of html tags. The intro text limit field is empty. Should this have any other value?
I use JCE editor and use the editors features to add the read more button.
The intro text only seems to be ok if I have a main image attached. But I don't want to use the main image for certain articles.

• David Wickstead
More
11 years 3 months ago #114698 by David Wickstead
Replied by David Wickstead on topic Re: Into text doesn't display when main image is missi
Looks lie the html is ok in intro but I want to not show the main resized item image. I have set this in the item to hide but it is still there. If I delete from the article then nothing is displayed except the item title. I just don't want to use the item main image but only use the image withing the intro text. At the moment it is showing 2 images.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #114699 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Into text doesn't display when main image is missi
What you are describing sounds like a template issue.

I think some if statements are closed in the wrong order. You can easily find out if this is the actual issue by viewing the site with the default or the system template.

You can do this by adding ?template=system or ?template=atomic on your URLs

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• David Wickstead
More
11 years 3 months ago #114700 by David Wickstead
switched to default in K2 and made no difference. Will now look at the template code and see if I can get it to hide.

• David Wickstead
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #114701 by David Wickstead
I attach screen shots of how I want my article to look and what happens when the image is missing. Also screen shots of article, category setup.

This is how I want my image to look

This is what is it displaying like

If I delete the main image from the image tab then it also removes the intro text.

These are my k2 settings.
Parameters

category settings

article settings

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #114702 by Krikor Boghossian
Hello David,

Can you send me a copy of your category_item.php through pastebin or another service?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• David Wickstead
More
11 years 3 months ago #114703 by David Wickstead
Hi Krikor

Here is my category_item.php
pastebin.com/F4FrXkA0

Many thanks

David

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #114704 by Krikor Boghossian
David I am sorry I forgot you were using the latest layout.

I need the latest_item.php.
But since this is a Rocketheme commercial template you can always look for an update as well.

PS. I don't know where RocketTheme made the overrides for this template but I think you should post me all instances of latest_item.php

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---