Keyword

Trouble with creating a custom K2 template

• cork
  • cork's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #114887 by cork
Hi, I cannot get a custom k2 template to work with a Yootheme template. I have copied the entire folder components/com_k2/templates/default to templates/my_template/html/com_k2/default. I have also copied the k2.css into my template css folder. I changed the name of templates/my_template/html/com_k2/default to templates/my_template/html/com_k2/my_k2_template_name. I have disabled the k2 default styling in the k2 parameters. I have selected the custom k2 template name in my category. BUT k2 isn't reading it.

Does anyone know how to create a custom template using a Yootheme template?

It works when I create custom styling by editing the default k2 template files, but I don't want them overridden when k2 has updates. I want to do it right by creating a custom k2 template, but it doesn't work for me. Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #114888 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Trouble with creating a custom K2 template
Hello cork,

Many template clubs use their own frameworks that do not follow the normal overriding procedure.
I think you have to ask YooTheme for further information on their framework and the overriding procedure.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.