Keyword

[SOLVED] Problems with K2 Parameters, Users

• Sheng Han
  • Sheng Han's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #114919 by Sheng Han
Hello,

I have only been working with K2 for about a week. I have search on many forums and used my google-fu but without any luck.

I am running the following...

Joomla 2.5
K2 2.6.6
mod_k2_comments
mod_k2_content
mod_k2_tools
mod_k2_user
mod_k2_users
mod_k2_quickicons
mod_k2_stats

finder-k2
search-k2
system-k2
user-k2

Not sure what other information is needed... please forgive me.

I am in the early stages of this configuration, so I am still just working on structure of categories, items, etc. On to the problems.

When I am in the K2 dashboard, if I click the parameters icon (top right) I get "You are not authorised to view this resource."

Using the "inherit from category" selection does not work.

I check the jos_k2_users table and it is empty. If I select components>k2>users, I also get the "not authorised" message.

My thoughts are that either I need to re-install k2 or there is a permissions issue.

Any direction is greatly appreciated. If more information is needed, please let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #114920 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Problems with K2 Parameters, Users
Hello Sheng,

I think this is a global permissions issue.
What is your access level? If it is not Super User create a new super to check if K2 permissions are not set to allowed for your user group.

You can always try reinstalling K2 on top of your current installation.

The permissions are located in the component's parameters.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Sheng Han
  • Sheng Han's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #114921 by Sheng Han
Replied by Sheng Han on topic Re: Problems with K2 Parameters, Users
[SOLVED] Thanks Krikor. I created a new user, but the Super User access level was not available. It didn't occur to me that I would not be able to see or assign an access level greater than that of the user I was logged in as. I went into the database and checked the usergroups and not a single user I created or the administrator created during the install were assigned the super user access level id, despite the fact that the group id for super user existed. I assigned the group id to my account and all of the missing tools are now available and parameters can be modified.

It's no surprise that I have been having difficulty getting things done with the limited access I had.

Thanks again.