Keyword

Restricting user access

• Zebra Systems, Inc.
  • Zebra Systems, Inc.'s Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #114981 by Zebra Systems, Inc.
Restricting user access was created by Zebra Systems, Inc.
I'd like to show tracking information for local building permit applications in K2. The item would use K2 extra fields for 10 text fields and 2 date fields - that's the simple part. But I want my 50 or so clients to login and only see the status of their permits. Each client can have anywhere from 1 to 30 permit application at any one time. I would modify the category view to show each permit in a horizontal row, like an excel spreadsheet with one column serving as a drill-down link to the item view.

I am new to K2 and don't know if I should create a separate sub-category for each client's permits or some other way to group the permits. Can I force K2 to only show the permits in the client's category according to their login, and not even show them the existence of other client's categories?

My clients only need read access to this data. My employees would update the data.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #114982 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Restricting user access
Hello Stewart,

Can I force K2 to only show the permits in the client's category according to their login, and not even show them the existence of other client's categories?

Of course. You need to add new user groups though. One for each client.

Then all you have to do is set the Access Level of each subcategory to the appropriate user group.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.