Keyword

Templating with K2

• James Collins
  • James Collins's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #115012 by James Collins
Templating with K2 was created by James Collins
Hello,

I have inherited a site (www.hss-security.com.au/) and it used a number of extensions including K2 and Gantry.

I am hoping that there might be some Joomla experts on here.

I am having issues getting the Templating to show up.

I have put new folders into the /public_html/templates/my_theme/html/com_k2/templates/
So there is 5 folders inside this folder blog, company, faq, portal, and portfolio.

When I edit a category these folders show up in the list of templates however I can not get any of the templates changes to display on the website.

I have read on here that sh404sef can cause these types of issues if the show tabular data is checked. I have checked the extensions list sh404sef isn't installed.

I am currently trying to edit item.php from within one of the above template folders.

When I view the source code I can see the original code from the templates, but not any of my modified code.
<!-- K2 Plugins: K2BeforeDisplayContent -->
	  <!-- Item text -->
	  <div class="itemFullText">
	  </div>

The Code I have put in
<h1>Test Template Text</h1>

Doesn't show up.

It does look like there is another extension providingf further content through (maybe Gantry?) as if I look at a page like

www.hss-security.com.au/index.php/update-details

There is text there that doesn't show up in the content of the item page on k2 administration page.
(the form that loads below "Please Update Contact Details.")

Is there a way to work out which extension is taking the responsibility for delivering the content?

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #115013 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Templating with K2
Hello James,

If your categories have the correct settings, your menu items (if it is a menu item towards multiple K2 categories) as well then the issue is caused by Gantry framework. Some frameworks do not use the default templating procedure.

I think you should look a bit deeper into that framework and find out how overrides are made ( for framework, not in general).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.