Keyword

itemlist/tag appearance??

More
11 years 3 months ago #115022 by Marc
itemlist/tag appearance?? was created by Marc
Hello,

I'm a n00b please be patient! :P

I've been playing around with K2 for a couple of days and more or less I have my catalog looking how I want it. But when I click one of the Tags the layout changes completely! Is there anyway to set the itemlisting to have the layout like my categories?

Any help will be muchly appreciated!

Marc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #115023 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: itemlist/tag appearance??
Hello Marc,

I assume you changed category_item.php. You have to make the same changes/edits to tag.php as well.

Remember to use overrides and do not edit core files.

More on overriding can be found here. getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #115024 by Marc
Replied by Marc on topic Re: itemlist/tag appearance??
Thanks Krikor Boghossian! But I'm not sure if I explained myself well. That or I didn't understand the link provided. And I haven't changed the "category_item.php" but sounds like that's probably the direction I should go

My site is: www.vidalexdeportes.es
User: test
PW: testpassword

If you click on "Nuestras Marcas" and then a subcategory, eg prorace, you'll see the basic layout I want and the few objects I've already uploaded. But if you click a tag, eg Prorace, it then has a different layout, more like a normal blog layout. With the link you provided you can change that layout or is there another way? Or maybe the template I'm using isn't a 100% compatible with k2?

A very confused n00b! Marc

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #115025 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: itemlist/tag appearance??
no need to be confused.

This template uses the default K2 styling and I haven't noticed any issues regarding compatibility.

The tag layout uses a different file (tag.php) and different CSS classes for its layout.

You need a basic/medium understanding of coding to achieve what you want.

You have to either change the classes in the tag.php file to match the ones with your category_item.php or locate the tag styling in your template's k2.css and style them the way you want.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)