Keyword

Auto resize pics on homepage

• Steve Van den Bergh
  • Steve Van den Bergh's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #115127 by Steve Van den Bergh
Auto resize pics on homepage was created by Steve Van den Bergh
Hey guys, I have a little question.

I'm building a website about games and gaming, and ofcourse I'm using K2, so that mods and admins can post news/reviews/etc...

Now, I have a little problem. When a news post is made, it comes on the homepage, that's a good thing. But the image that shows, keeps its original dimensions. Is there a way to make K2 auto resize the images, just for on the homepage?

Second thing, a co-admin posted an K2 item, but is only showed about 2 hours later. I worked out that it's due to the publishing time, because in the backend of Joomla I could see the status of the item on 'pending'. Is it possible to get rid of that too, so that the items show immediatly and not 2 hours later?

Thanx in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #115128 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Auto resize pics on homepage
Hello Steve,

Is it possible to get rid of that too, so that the items show immediatly and not 2 hours later?

You have to make sure that this user has the permissions to publish items and the start publishing time is indeed correct. Finally make sure that the cache time is not set to 120 minutes. You can see the cache settings in your site's global configuration.

As for the image It can be a CSS issue (possibly a width override) or simply an issue in your settings.

You have to check the width of the actual image with your browser's developer tools and alos check your category settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.