Keyword

Using K2 readmore/introtext breaks layout

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #115184 by Gimpy
When I add introtext with a read more break in a K2 article, the category and user/author page breaks.

Here is a picture with the read more introtext off:
oi43.tinypic.com/2nleezs.jpg

Now here is a picture with it on, and what it does to the right column:
oi44.tinypic.com/5zkryh.jpg

A couple things I know about what's going on. If I set introtext on, without a read more break it works fine.
The moment it breaks is when I use the READ MORE function when making an article to specify what text to use as introtext.

Again, if I'm using introtext as default few characters at the start of the article it works fine, but using it with the read more break messes up the page.

I've spoken to the people I purchase the template from and there is nothing wrong in the code and came to the conclusion that it's a problem on K2's side of things to the fact of K2 putting the "read more" code in before a div is closed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 3 months ago #115185 by Yiota
Do you use K2 overrides? Maybe there is a div not closing correctly from the code on your overrides.

A link to your page would be helpful.

More
11 years 3 months ago #115186 by Gimpy
It was happening with or without the K2 overrides.
I've since abandoned using K2 and Joomla altogether for my project since there's been nothing but problems with the software and support is pretty much garbage. You're the only one to have tried to answer any of my queries on this "support forum" and even those are days if not weeks without being solved.

I'll be using something different.