Keyword

Adding Custom Field to Category, is this possible?

• Michael Hentrich
  • Michael Hentrich's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #115187 by Michael Hentrich
Adding Custom Field to Category, is this possible? was created by Michael Hentrich
So I know that there are already plugins out there that allow you to create and assign custom fields to k2 articles, but I can't find anything that does the exact same thing for k2 categories. Would it be possible do such a thing.

For me, my website has a different category for each U.S. state that has a chapter of this organization in it. I'd like to add contact information as an extra field of the state (category) and then display it in all the articles in that particular category.

Anyone have any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #115188 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Adding Custom Field to Category, is this possible?
Hello Michael,

You can look for a plugin at the JED or the extend K2 section but if you know your way around coding you can download the demo K2 plugin and easily modify it.
getk2.org/extend/extensions/90-example-k2-plugin-for-developers

Another options is to enable the extrafields in the item listing view and manually insert these fields in each item.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 2 months ago #115189 by Reziun
I'm looking for something similar to this, where I can add Extra fields to the category itself, but I don't want to add them to the articles.

I am looking to do a game information website, so by having the category as the "Game" I want to use the articles as the news and information.

I'm looking to add custom fields such as release dates, publishers, developers, website, ESRB, and then being able to have a module that displays on the side the extra field info for each game category.

Looking forward to finding out about this :)

Thanks!
-Reziun