Keyword

[SOLVED] Standard Modules inside all K2 Articles

• Anthony K
  • Anthony K's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #115283 by Anthony K
Hello.

I'm rather a newbie at pretty much everything joomla and K2, and still learning to figure things out.

While using the default joomla article system, I was able to add few modules on sidebar-a and create itemid on all articles on "Category A" by creating a hidden menu and assigning "articles > category blog".

This way, on all Category A articles, there would be modules loaded on sidebar-a by default without me having to load modules on these Category A articles manually.

I love K2 article system, but after many attempts, I couldn't get this to work on K2 article system, and no modules would load on sidebar-a. I imported all joomla article data to k2 using the import feature as well.

I came across few posts online but they didn't seem to answer my question much.

I humbly ask for any guidance on how I can get this setup.

Thank you so much in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #115284 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Standard Modules inside all K2 Articles
Hello Anthony,

The K2 is working with the same principles when it comes to the menu / module assignments. If you create a menu item to a K2 category and assign a module to that menu item then the modules will also show inside the category's items as well.
If you have any item of that category assigned to another menu item, then you will have to assign the module to that menu item also.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Anthony K
  • Anthony K's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #115285 by Anthony K
Replied by Anthony K on topic Re: Standard Modules inside all K2 Articles
Thank you so much!

The important step I was forgetting was changing the category within the hidden menu item from joomla category to k2 category.

Much appreciated!