Keyword

Site structure: yearly editions of the same site

• Vicky Ruiz
  • Vicky Ruiz's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #115419 by Vicky Ruiz
I'm creating a site for a film festival, using Joomla & K2. This festival has one edition per year. The client wants to eventually add older and newer editions, apart from the current one. I need to create a site structure where there is a menu that shows older editions and replicates some of the categories for each year.

To provide an example, each year has a menu listing 1) movies, 2) jury, 3) winners. There are a few menu items that are for the entire site (about, contact, ...).

I'd like to give the client the possibility to add as many years as he wants, but I'm reluctant to let him modify the category structure very much. High-level categories should remain the same (i.e: 2009 > Films is not a good idea... too much information to provide about linking subcategories, extra fields, etc).

I'd appreciate any insights or links (I realize they might be out there, but I haven't been able to come up with the right search query).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #115420 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Site structure: yearly editions of the same site
Hello Vicky,

As a workflow I would suggest adding some unpublished categories and menu items as a guide and let your client either publish them or copy them and simply change their names and their aliases. I think this is the safest way to go.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.