Keyword

Info about article image

• moonswolf
  • moonswolf's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #115571 by moonswolf
Info about article image was created by moonswolf
Hi, i would ask you an information.

I made a category named News, where article are shown. For every article, i added an image, as a normal image (so not with the IMAGE tab).

I set that in the category view, will be showed introduction text and image.

No i would ask you, if is there the possibility to make these images have the same size, in the category view but also in the article view.

So when user will click on the image (i think it will be a thumbnail) it will open like a lightbox, with the original image size.

Is it possible?

I tried to set image size from K2 parameters, from Category view and from article view....but it don't work. Maybe cause that parameters works only with images uploaded from "Image" tab that i see into the article.

Thankyou and waiting for your answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #115572 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Info about article image
Hello Francesco,

In order to use image resizing all of K2's functionality you need to use the image tab.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• moonswolf
  • moonswolf's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #115573 by moonswolf
Replied by moonswolf on topic Re: Info about article image
Hi! :) Thankyou for your fast reply.

So, is there a way to set the position of Image tab in the article? Cause with default setting, that image is shown over the text, and i would show that image aligned on the right or on the left of the text.

And the position, can be set for Category view different from article view?

Thankyou again :)

P.s.: i've a problem to upload image, with the image tab upload function. Could you write me what directory should have write permission to upload image from the Image tab?

Thankyou as always :)

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #115574 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Info about article image
In order to change the position of the elements you need to create an override of your item.php of edit the already existing override.

More on overriding can be found here.
getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

Ps. You will see that the code is very straightforward and well commented. So you do not need any special skills to edit the code just be sure not to break and <?php if(...): ?> ... <?php endif; ?> statements.

P.s.: i've a problem to upload image, with the image tab upload function. Could you write me what directory should have write permission to upload image from the Image tab?

You can use an extension like AdminTools to repair your site wide permissions. If you are still having issues make sure your PHP memory limit is not too low. (Your hosting provider can help you with that, if he cant you can increase it yourself through K2' parameters.)

Also if there is a Joomla! error c/p it please.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)