Keyword

RSS feed stopped working after I starting using K2

• MiddleEasy
  • MiddleEasy's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #115591 by MiddleEasy
Hey guys! First off, K2 is FANTASTIC! Don't see how we could live without it.

Although we're having on problem with it.

Recently we upgraded from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5. In order to migrate the articles, we used the SP Transfer component and then finally we used K2's native import function to get all 10,000+ articles into K2.

Now the problem is our RSS feed for www.middleeasy.com/?format=feed hasn't worked since we migrated the site, on July 4th. However, I noticed that the RSS feeds for each category works properly (www.middleeasy.com/index.php/fighting?format=feed)

I ran a little test and published a dummy article using the com_content system instead of K2 and it showed up in the RSS feed!

I've been searching Google for days now trying to discover a fix to this. I noticed that plugins could cause this problem to occur, so I've been disabling them and re enabling them to no avail. I also notice that SEF urls could cause this problem. SEF is turned off on MiddleEasy.com.

So guys, any help to a new K2 user?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MiddleEasy
  • MiddleEasy's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #115592 by MiddleEasy
Alright guys, I was tinkering it around and fixed it after weeks of work! My mainbody was utilized by News Pro G5 from Gavick. In position virtually had nothing there. So I went to Home (which was in a hidden menu) and noticed all the categories selected were from com_content still!

Changed them to K2, hit save and BLAM! It worked!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.