Keyword

How to create an item form for more then one item?

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #115605 by morn
Hey,
I am looking for way to the generate more then just one K2 item at a time.

Usually when you press the "add item" button in the category view on the front-end, it opens up a form to submit a new item for this category.
Instead of a form for just one item i am looking for a form to post for example 5 items at once.
I basically need the form 5 times - so i can add 5 different titles, 5 different texts etc.

If there is not such a solution yet, I would be happy if someone could point me to a documentation which can help me for this task. I am currently trying to make one on my own, the problem is I could not find proper K2 component documentation... so I am more or less just tinkering through View and Model and hope to end up with something useful.

thanks you for your time
M.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #115606 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: How to create an item form for more then one item?
Hello,

I dont't think that is possible, even if you override itemform.php and succeed in calling multiple forms you still need to re write the entire k2.js to make all the item submission work with AJAX.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 2 months ago #115607 by morn
Thats what i thought.
Another idea would be to have an external tool that adds the items directly in the system. You would need an API to talk to or something similiar ... You know anything about that?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #115608 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: How to create an item form for more then one item?
I am sorry but no. You try using Joomla!'s API.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)