Keyword

Items not found in the back end search

• Susan Penter
  • Susan Penter's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #115648 by Susan Penter
Items not found in the back end search was created by Susan Penter
:unsure: We have detected a strange problem with the back end view of K2 v.2.6.7. Joomla 2.5.11 It is a genealogy based website and cone of the categories is parish names. Two of the parishes are not been found One of the pages (All Cannings - The OPC is Barbara Beake) is found if you search canning but does not come up if you search All. The second (Box - The OPC is Irene Dredge) can be found searching for Irene or Dredge but not Box. All rest can be found looking for the parish name rather than the volunteers.

Does anyone else have an ideas why this may be?

Thanks,

Susan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #115649 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Items not found in the back end search
Hello Susan,

K2 Uses Full text search, so there are some stop words. For more information please visit dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/fulltext-stopwords.html .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Susan Penter
  • Susan Penter's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #115650 by Susan Penter
Replied by Susan Penter on topic Re: Items not found in the back end search
Thank you but I am still absolutely non the wiser what the problem may be I have been through the list of stop words on the table and the words in question do not appear on there reading the sentences above was no help either as I have no idea what any of it means. I picked up they referred to being case sensitive but I tried box and Box and it made no difference. It seems strange that there are words you can use in titles that the search facility just chooses to ignore. I am a self taught web designer not a computer programmer if this helps.

Thanks,

Susan

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #115651 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Items not found in the back end search
By default MySQL has a minimum limit of 4 characters for search terms, that is why box is not returning any results.

You can try setting the minimum limit to 3. You hosting provider will assist you with this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)