Keyword

Inherit extra field group from parent category

• Richard Amerman
  • Richard Amerman's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #115831 by Richard Amerman
Inherit extra field group from parent category was created by Richard Amerman
I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I'm using the latest version of k2 in Joomla 2.5.x.

I can see the option to Inherit from another category, and while it specifically says "parameter options" it is hard to believe that the assigned "Extra Fields Group" would not be included as well. One might argue that it would be even more useful than the parameters.

The concept of building an item by an inheritance tree is very common and powerful.

One of the easiest examples would be products. All products would have a base set of extra fields like weight, cost, etc. Products in a catigory like clothing would have special extra fields just for that catigory like size.

Is this feature there but not obvious, or is it going to be added soon?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #115832 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Inherit extra field group from parent category
Hello Richard,

Extra Fields are not currently inherited through categories. It might be considered for the next version in the coming months.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 6 months ago #115833 by Simon Stephens
Replied by Simon Stephens on topic Re: Inherit extra field group from parent category
I was looking for extra fields inheritance too - seems an obvious omission if I'm really honest. btw K2 absolutely rocks generally ;)

More
10 years 6 months ago #115834 by terros

Krikor Boghossian wrote: Hello Richard,

Extra Fields are not currently inherited through categories. It might be considered for the next version in the coming months.

I'm also new to K2 (.. used ZOO) and like Simon I expected 'inheritFrom' to give me the extraFields on items
7 'coming months' has passed since your response and I hope you will find time to implement it as soon as possible

Thank you for a free and powerful extension :)