Keyword

Extra fields issue.

• Simone Cannizzo
  • Simone Cannizzo's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #115921 by Simone Cannizzo
Extra fields issue. was created by Simone Cannizzo
Hi guys!

New to Joomla and not a K2 expert. I've been googling a lot and searched in the extension directory, so before hiring a coder i'd love to know your opinion.

I have a Joomla website with k2 items (articles). Now, i need to append some informations to each article, like separate boxes\submenu related each one to a SINGLE article.

So using extra fields is not handy as i will need a different field (or more that one) for every different article. As far as i can understand, the extra field item is useful for a recurrent set of information troughout one (or more) categories, but in my case the texts fields change from article to article.

Fox example an article related to a trip in Italy will have some more info splitted in 2-3 different text boxes but they will not be repeated in any other article about Germany or Spain. And not even in another article dealing with Italy, as i will have more different info there.

I hope i was clear enought with my english.

Thanks for helping!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #115922 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic Re: Extra fields issue.
All is easy done, but forget about K2 related Articles. You could maybe make some ugly workaround.

• Simone Cannizzo
  • Simone Cannizzo's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #115923 by Simone Cannizzo
Replied by Simone Cannizzo on topic Re: Extra fields issue.
Any idea or suggestion on how to reach this goal? Only custom code in your opinion?

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #115924 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic Re: Extra fields issue.
Try Mypagebreak plugin, works relatively OK in K2. With it i had most luck for splitting Articles which subject span through long period of time.

I managed once that you need, but i didnt need Intro window text in k2. So i used it for related information i showed in a k2 BNR Module module beside each Article. (photo galleries dont need Intro text in blog listings)

You for sure need your Intro text in listings, so i dont have some answer. I spent months searching for some solution.
And eventually i find plenty of them, but it has nothing to do with Joomla and this topic here.