Keyword

Is it possible to have Joomla URL style?

More
11 years 2 months ago #115929 by Ini
I'm racking my head with following problem. I wish to have SEF URL Joomla style site.com/category/title-of-the-article

Is it even possible to achieve that with K2 with no additional extensions needed?

My URL currently looks like this: site.com/menu-name/sub-menu-name/category-name/article-name ... definitively not SEF. :)

Changing menu from External URL to k2 category changes nothing. And I don't wish to have only Joomla SEF URL as I get pesky /item/ instead of category.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #115930 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Is it possible to have Joomla URL style?
Hello Ini,

In order to change the /item/ or /itemlist/ suffixes you need to use K2's advanced SEF. Please read these two posts for instructions.

getk2.org/blog/1169-k2-v265-released
getk2.org/blog/1159-k2-v264-release-introduces-new-cool-sef-url-options

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 2 months ago #115931 by Ini
I have read the article you pointed to me and it only mentions "menu orphan" K2 items. My K2 items are linked to Joomla menus.
That's the reason for displaying a link in site.com/menu-name/sub-menu-name/category-name/article-name format.
I want to remove the "menu-name/sub-menu-name" part from the link, so it would display only site.com/category/title-of-the-article or alternatively site.com/title-of-the-article
Can anybody help me achieve that?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #115932 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Is it possible to have Joomla URL style?
You need to use an SEO extension like sh404sef to achieve this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)