Keyword

K2 Feeds (Extra Fields, Images and Formatting)

More
11 years 2 months ago #115978 by souji
I'm new to K2, Joomla too. I have categories and items set up. What I want to do now is make xml feeds available for consumtion by mobile devices. The default K2 rss thing isn't sufficient. This is the link I'm using "domain.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&format=feed&type=rss"

Three things:

1. The category tag doesn't have a reference to it's parent, making it a wee bit difficult to create a hierarchy. I could use a pre-determined means of identifying subcategories, but this would not work in a dynamic environment where I have categories being created and deleted at any time.

2. I have some extra fields created using the backend. They show up fine on the article but not on the XML document. Why is this? Is there a workaround?

3. The description formatting is a bit weird. I get the CDATA thing is down to the fact that I'm using some rich text editing thing, but the K2FeedIntroText, K2FeedFullText and K2FeedTags div tags are just making me cry. Can I not have this thing formatted any better?

In addition, is there any thing else you recommend to generate a more usable xml file? ObRSS doesn't seem to work with K2. And for some reason, the K2 addon for ObRSS won't download.

Phew. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #115979 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 Feeds (Extra Fields, Images and Formatting)
Hello souji,

For mobile devices/apps I strongly suggest that you use the JSON feeds (?format=JSON).
If you want your Feeds to have a better formatting why don't you try serving them through FeedBurner?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.