Keyword

Error message, "500 Layout default not found" j3

• Andrew Gaskell
  • Andrew Gaskell's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #116136 by Andrew Gaskell
Error message, "500 Layout default not found" j3 was created by Andrew Gaskell
Just a quick one to see if anyone else has seen this.

I've upgraded a site from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.1 and all went well. K2 was one of the better components from an upgrade point of view. Everything is working fine, but I do have one issue though. When you log into administrator, you can use all parts of K2, except the "Extra Fields" and "Extra Field Groups" screens. On these two admin screens, you just get...

"An error has occurred.
500 Layout default not found"

see awesomescreenshot.com/0a61k2gz9e for a screen dump

so, the paths are...
administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=extrafields
administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=extrafieldsgroups

First though was that it'd be some files that had corupted on upload, so I uploaded them again, and that didn't fix it.

All the useful numbers...
K2 v2.6.7
Joomla! v3.1.4
PHP v5.4.9
MySQL v5.5.31
Apache 2.2.22

So... any ideas folks?

ok, a quick update on this, I think I just found the solution, after a bit more googling, I found....

www.gavick.com/documentation/general-questions/a-500-error-after-update-to-joomla-3-1-4/

500 error after update to Joomla 3.1.4

The Joomla 3.1.4 update has broken numerous extensions. Some more or less popular components that worked in Joomla 3.1.1 may give a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error on front-end after update process to version 3.1.4. If you have this problem you should install this hotfix – just as you would a normal extension by Extension Manager.

This bug will be fixed in next J!3.1.5. For any other extension related issues, please contact the extension developer for details information.

So, the hotfix mentioned there...
downloads.joomlacode.org/trackeritem/8/3/3/83397/legacy.zip
...fixed the issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.